Sunday, November 14, 2010

a song i want to sing


I mentioned this in a previous post, but:
Do you ever have a song you just want to SING to someone?
you push them into a seat, get up on a stage, somehow have a band appear miraculously behind you, you are all of a sudden in an amazing dress, looking absolutely ravishing, and then...
you sing.
SONG: Speak Now
ARTIST: Taylor Swift
ALBUM: Speak Now
taylor-swift-speak-now-300x300.jpg (300×300)

I have heard this song before, and I never really noticed it.
I thought it had a nice tune, a classic t-swift number,
but then I really heard it today.
I was with my cousin, and we were driving around, chatting, and she said, "Listen to these lyrics. They'll blow your mind." (as all t-swift lyrics do). 
I listened. 
Let's just say I was blown away.

"I am not the type of girl 
who should be rudely barging in 
on a white-veil occasion,
but you are not the kind of boy
who should be marring the wrong girl...
...Don't say yes, run away now
I'll meet you when you're out
of the church by the back door.
Don't wait or say a single vow-
YOu need to hear me out,
And they say, 'Speak now.'" 

okay. so.
my situation isn't a wedding, 
but it's a situation similar.
someone i care about is making a stupid mistake.
it's one of those, "don't you see how dumb you're being?!?! i'm RIGHT HERE!!!" situations.
they say speak now....what if you're too scared?
what if it doesn't work?
what if it backfires?
what if YOU end up making the mistake?
so many things to keep a person's feelings at bay.

but then again,
who's to say that he won't 
"be glad you were around when they say, 'speak now.'"?? 
think about it.

1 comment: