Tuesday, November 30, 2010

oh my holy poo


ZOMG you guys. 
I cannot BELIEVE that I haven't posted about this song until now.
It's almost a sin. Okay, not even close...but you know what I mean.

Hmmm? What's that? You're wondering what all the hearts are for? 
Ohhhhhh well, they have to do with the SOTD, so bear wih me.

SONG: Would You Go With Me
ARTIST: Josh Turner
ALBUM: Your Man

Josh turner 6.jpeg (300×302)

ohhh my gosh.
Isn't he so so so hottttttt??
Wow, I'm not really sure why i'm so twtterpated right now. 
Well, okay, maybe I do know why, but that's none of your business.
Josh Turner's voice is....Incredible. 
It is SO LOW. And if you really knew me, you'd know that low voices are (one of) my weakness(es). 

Josh and I have a long relationship.
I'm sure I first heard him whilst watching CMT.
However, this song was re-introduced to me by my friend Daryn, when we were driving aimlessly around in her car listening to her vast country collection. 
The song immediately grabbed my attention: tricky banjo and mandolin finger picking with a memorable melody line. After such a hooker of an intro, I was obligated to listen to the voice.
"Would you go wiiiiiith meeeeeee"...oh man, folks...I was gone.
I realized then and there that if a boy was ever going to have my hand in marriage, he would play me one of JT's songs...preferably this one. So, because I was drawn in even further by the sexiest voice I've ever heard, I HAD to listen to the lyrics:

~~Would you go with me if we rolled down streets on fire?
Would you hold on to me tighter as the summer sun got higher,
If we roll from town to town and never shut it down?

Would you go with me if we were lost in fields of clover?
Would we walk even closer until the trip was over,
And would it be okay if I didn't know the way?

If I gave you my hand would you take it
And make me the happiest man in the world?
If I told you to my heart couldn't beat one more minute without you girl,
Would you accompany me to the edge of the sea;
Let me know if you're really a dream?
I love you so, so would you go with me?~~

Mmmmhhhmmmmm. You're melting too. 
The music video depicts a boy and girl at different stages of life: little kids, teenagers, married couple, and then just the old man holding his wife's ashes. The whole time, it's obvious they're in love. 
At the end of the video, the old man is alone, and he's standing in the imaginative world that he and the girl created together. Then, the girl (in little girl form), runs up and puts her hands down on the "treasure box" (box of ashes) and he puts his hands on hers. (if you think about it, that's kind of weird, yet still cute due to the context of the video/song.) Then he turns into the little version of himself again, and they go laughing into the sunset. 
It really is presh. 

This song is about being able to trust the one you love--even enough to do absolutely crazy things, because you know they love you back and you wouldn't want to be with anyone else. 
You love them BECAUSE of the crazy adventures you go on and because they know how to get you, to make you fall in love even harder. You can't help yourself.


Do you have a someone like that?

Oh, and Josh? I definitely WILL go with you. Anywhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment