Wednesday, November 10, 2010

let's go to greece!

why hello there.
i'm talking to no one.
oh well.

Today's song was first on my shuffle.

SONG: Part of a Painting
ARTIST: Titus Burgess
ALBUM: Pasek and Paul
titussburgess.jpg (600×400)
Tituss Burgess

JP208-Small-300x200.jpg (300×200)
Pasek and Paul
(composers)

This song is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.
I first heard this song in January when Pasek and Paul came to the Utah Theater Association conference in Orem, Utah.
Justin Paul sang it the first time I heard it, and I....died.
Music has a way of touching my heart unlike any other.
This song is about a man who goes to find himself in Greece. 
The lyrics paint a picture as beautiful as the coast of Greece.
As the song progresses, it's revealed that the man is writing a letter to the girl he loves. He's not sure how to tell her he loves her because of apprehension, and because he's unsure if he can admit to something so strong.
Listen to this song.
You won't regret it.
It's beautiful.
MOre beautiful than I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment